The Pacific Room is available for rental by UW groups for university-related activities. Used primarily for educational and research activities for up to 48 people seated and 78 people standing. This space may be scheduled for repeat meetings/events no more than once per month and may be scheduled up to one year in advance.
- Rental fees $45 per hour or $350 per day (+ additional $100 per hour outside 8am-5pm M-F). 15 minutes are included at both ends at no charge to allow for setup and clean up. If more time is needed, please reserve the room for a longer period of time.
- Non-UW groups for private activities require approval from the Health Sciences Library Director.
- The room is not a general classroom and cannot be booked for the same hour every day or for several days each week.
- Check in at the front desk up to 15 minutes before your reservation to be let in by staff.
Health Sciences Library, lower level, Room T229 (on the bottom floor of the Health Sciences Library)
Warren G. Magnuson Health Sciences Building
T-Wing, 2nd floor
Availability and Charges
- Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (+ additional $100 per hour outside 8am-5pm M-F).
- It is not available weekends and holidays.
- Exceptions are made at the discretion of the Associate Dean and Director.
Serving of food and drink in the Pacific Room is allowed. However, extra fees will be applied if additional cleaning needs to be done by HSL staff after the reservation and/or any damages are caused to the furnishing and equipment.
Smaller conference rooms T223, T319, and the T219 TRAIL room are available for booking in conjunction with reservations for the same price upon request. Please note that no food or drinks besides water are allowed in the TRAIL room.
Capacity and Layout
- 48 seated
- 78 for standing reception
The following equipment and software is provided.
- 1 Dell Workstation, includes:
- Windows 10
- Office 365
- Mozilla Firefox browser
- Google Chrome browser
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- 1 84” LCD TV
- 1 40” LCD TV (confidence monitor)
- 2 Video cameras
- Wireless, handheld and lavalier microphones
- Power outlets throughout the room
- Magnetic whiteboards
- 24 tables
- 48 chairs
- Coat rack
- Polycom telephone for conference calls
- Garbage, recycle, and compost containers
- Sign standards (2) for signage; renter to provide signs
- Send a request using the Billing Form below to HSLRooms@uw.edu.
Download the Pacific Room Billing Form
You must include the following information:
- Your name, affiliation and contact information
- Date(s) & time requested; include setup and cleanup time in your request
- Expected number of attendees
- Name of event, i.e. what will people ask for at the Information Desk
- Billing Information
- Preferred date and time for your preview
- Confirmation will be provided within 72 hours of request; your reservation is not guaranteed until confirmed via email.
- Cancellations within a week before the event will be charged 50% of the rental fee.
Reservations are required. For questions or more information, email HSLRooms@uw.edu.
Room Use Policies
- Only HSL, UW schools, or UWMC-hosted or sponsored events may use the Pacific Room for official University purposes. The room is not available for private use. (https://dev-hsl.hsl.washington.edu/topics/learning-commons-reservations-policies).
- HSL is not reliable for any technical difficulties experienced on the user’s end if the needs are not specified beforehand on the billing form under “Event Information.” This excludes natural device fails such as outages in the projector lightbulb.
- A prearranged preview of the room and its equipment prior to each reservation is highly recommended since technical support at the time of the event could be limited.
- A UW NetID, for non-UW guests needing wireless access on their own devices, can be obtained via UW-IT Connect . UW individuals use their own NetIDs for wireless access. Login information for the presenter’s station is provided in the room.
- Instructions for use of the equipment are provided in the room.
- Two standards will be provided at no charge for signage provided by renter (sign specifications provided in the confirmation letter).
- Food and nonalcoholic beverages are permitted. No kitchen or refrigeration facilities are available.
- It is the responsibility of the individual reserving the room to schedule, plan, and expedite all deliveries, audiovisual equipment rentals, and catering services.
- If an exception is made to use the room outside of business hours, $100 per hour will be charged to cover the cost of having HSL staff available. This includes opening the room early for deliveries.
- The default setup (pictured below) will be provided unless a different setup is requested for an additional fee. Otherwise, users are responsible for setup and cleanup. Extra fees will be applied if additional cleaning needs to be done by HSL staff after the reservation.
- Items may not be taped to the walls; magnetic rolling white boards are provided for this purpose in the storage space in the back of the room. Additional fees will be incurred for any violation of this policy.
- All reservation fees must be paid using a UW budget number; any damages to the facilities or missing equipment will be charged to the provided budget number.
- The University of Washington is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation contact the Disability Services Office at least ten days in advance at: 206.543.6450/V, 206.543.6452/TTY, 206.685.7264 (FAX), or e-mail at email@example.com
Setup and Cleanup
- Users are responsible for setup and cleanup as well as making additional arrangements for food and other equipment.
- 15 minutes is included at both ends of the reservation at no charge to allow for setup and clean up. If more time is needed, please reserve the room for a longer period of time.
- Check in at the front desk up to 15 minutes before the start time of your reservation to be let in by staff. The room will be assessed right after your reservation for any damages.
- Additional fees will be billed for any damages beyond normal wear and tear after a room assessment upon completion of your event.