The Pacific Room is available for rental by UW groups for university-related activities and used primarily for education and research support. This space may be scheduled for repeat meetings/events no more than once per month and may be scheduled up to one year in advance.
- Available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Not available on weekends or holidays.
- Rental fee: $45 per hour or $350 per day (+ additional $100 per hour outside 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m, Monday through Friday).
- The room is not a general classroom and cannot be booked for the same hour every day or several days each week.
- All reservation fees must be paid using a UW budget number.
- Non-UW groups require approval from the Associate Dean for Health Sciences.
- Only UW-hosted or sponsored events may use the Pacific Room for official University purposes. The room is not available for private use.
- HSL is not liable for any technical difficulties experienced on the user’s end.
- A prearranged preview of the room and its equipment prior to each reservation is highly recommended since technical support at the time of the event may be limited.
- Non-UW guests requiring wireless access can request a UW NetID through UW-IT Connect.
- Equipment use guides and presenter station log-in credentials are provided in the room.
- Food and nonalcoholic beverages are permitted. No kitchen or refrigeration facilities are available.
- Individuals reserving the room are responsible for scheduling, planning, and expediting all deliveries, audiovisual equipment rentals, and catering services.
- Magnetic rolling whiteboards are available in the storage space at the back of the room. Items should not be taped to the walls.
- UW is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education, and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodations, contact the Disability Services Office at least ten days in advance at: 206.543.6450/V, 206.543.6452/TTY, 206.685.7264 (FAX), or e-mail at email@example.com.
Setup and Cleanup
- Users are responsible for setup, cleanup, and arrangements for food or equipment.
- The default setup (pictured below) will be provided unless a different setup is requested for an additional fee. Extra fees will be applied if additional cleaning needs to be done by HSL staff after the reservation.
- 15 minutes is included at both ends of the reservation at no charge to allow for set up and clean up.
- Check-in at the front desk up to 15 minutes before the start time of your reservation to be let in by staff.
- Additional fees may apply for damages beyond normal wear and tear.
Capacity and Equipment
The Pacific Room can accomodate:
- 48 seated
- 78 for standing reception
The following equipment and software are provided.
- 1 Dell Workstation, includes:
- Windows 10
- Office 365
- Mozilla Firefox browser
- Google Chrome browser
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- 1 84” LCD TV
- 1 40” LCD TV (confidence monitor)
- 2 Video cameras
- Wireless, handheld and lavalier microphones
- Power outlets throughout the room
- Magnetic whiteboards
- 24 tables
- 48 chairs
- Coat rack
- Polycom telephone for conference calls
- Garbage, recycle, and compost containers
- Sign standards (2) for signage; renter to provide signs
Confirmation will be provided within 72 hours of request; your reservation is not guaranteed until confirmed via email.
Cancellations within a week before the event will be charged 50% of the rental fee.
Reservations are required. For questions or more information, email HSLRooms@uw.edu.
(Microsoft Word .doc)
Health Sciences Library, lower level, Room T229
Warren G. Magnuson Health Sciences Building
T-Wing, 2nd floor